Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Tiny Food


I've always loved tiny things ever since my father made me a doll's house when I was a child and filled it with beautiful tiny furniture. So I was enchanted when I found the blog of Stéphanie Kilgast, called PetitPlat.


Stéphanie discovered miniature food making in 2007 when she was studying for her Masters in Architecture. She opened her Etsy shop the following year, and has been making increasingly amazing miniature food ever since.


All the food is made of Fimo, but she manages to get such an amazing range of textures. Look at this beautiful cake, it looks so spongey!


Or this tasty looking bread! It's so crusty and delicious looking, I can almost smell it.


If you are interested in how Stéphanie makes her amazing food, there are a few tutorials on her blog, including one for making lemons like the ones in the picture below.


Or better still, buy her book! It's self-published, and includes instructions in French and English on how to make tiny food for Easter, Halloween, Christmas and parties in general. 


The instructions and photographs look great, I've ordered a copy and I can't wait until it gets here! I'm sure having a go at making this tiny stuff will give me even more of an appreciation of how difficult it is to make.


2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!!

    How incredible! I tried making stuff with Fimo once, being quite the sculpting fiend when I was a kid. TOO HARD. I struggled with warming it up to the right consistency and all kinds of things.

    Gotta love mini stuff - so cool. Its like one of those things you know you dont NEED but WANT so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm sure it will prove much more difficult than in think, but I am busting to try to make my own tiny cake!

    ReplyDelete