Monday, 27 February 2012

Zombie Felties


Aaarrgh, it's an invasion of tiny felt zombies!  I've been making a few of these recently, from the very nice book Zombie Felties by Nicola Tedman and Sarah Skeate. 


There are 16 zombies to make in the book, all with very different personalities.  There's a Michael Jackson zombie, a pumpkin-headed Halloween type one, a pirate, fairy, undertaker, etc.


The instructions are nice and clear, and the zombies are constructed with a combination of sewing and gluing the smaller bits.  Each one took me about 3 hours to make.


The Classic Zombie was the first one I made, while the Zombie Dog was made by Mr Macska.  He had never sewn anything before, let alone embroidered, so I was very impressed!


I made the Day of the Dead zombie for Mr Macska for Valentine's Day!  I changed it slightly from the one in the book by adding small white seed beads to the ends of the white bugle beads so they looked more like bones, making the spine out of beads, and gluing two tiny circles of turquoise felt to the pelvis for a more realistic look.  I also mixed up the colours to make it brighter.


And for my friend Deb at work, who adores bats, I made this little Vampire Bat zombie!  I gave him a real chain monocle instead of silver string, but otherwise he is pretty much the same as the original.


The best thing about these little babies?  They are so small!  I put magnets on their backs so they can live on the fridge when they are not out munching on brains...

No comments:

Post a Comment