This is the pattern. On the back it says "An entirely British production"! It's a pretty basic dress with two waist darts at the front and back, and tucks on the front shoulders. The skirt is rather full dirndl, with a flat panel at the front with two tucks on either side. The same on the back of the skirt. The dress has a side zip. I must admit that I didn't use the bodice pattern, but used a sloper that I've been drafting, and moved the underarm dart to the shoulder.
Here's a crappy photo of the back of the pattern envelope. The instructions were very minimal - things like "now put in the side zip". The only things I changed were to lower the neckline a smidge so it sat under my collar bone, and to shorten the skirt from tea length to knee length.
Would I make it again? Well, I made it out of cheap cotton homespun, which creases really easily and because it's a plain fabric, it shows up every mistake or bit of uneven sewing. So if I did make it, I'd probably choose a patterned fabric with a bit more body, maybe a polished cotton. Secondly, the instructions said to face the neckline and armholes with bias strips. I HATE cutting bias strips, so I made up my own facings, but I think I should have used bought bias binding on the armholes. Thirdly, I don't know how flattering a high neckline is on me. May change it to a scooped one.
This is the brooch that I wore with it, it has matching screw-on earrings. It's probably from the 50s or 60s, and says Made in West Germany on the back.