Thursday, 17 November 2011

Darling Dita in Melbourne


Everybody's favourite stripper burlesque artist, Dita von Teese,  has been very busy since last time I posted about her outfits in July.  She even managed to squeeze in a trip to Australia!



Here's Dita in Melbourne launching her capsule clothing line at David Jones. I was so cross that the launch was at 10am on a Friday, so I was at work and couldn't go!  The collection, called 'Muse', consists of five pieces, which will be priced at $600-$900 a piece. The dress Dita wore to the launch is part of the collection, and has what looks like a bias-cut skirt with a fitted, draped bodice, and three red shoe-string straps on the shoulders.


Dita tweeted a photo of her cat, Aleister, lying on some of the silk print used for this dress.  You can see up close that it has a pattern of roses and elegant hands with red fingernails (with Dita's signature half-moon manicure!).  This fabric has a blue background, and the one that Dita is wearing has a pink background, so it's probably available in two colourways.


Dita attended Derby Day at the Melbourne Cup, wearing the 'Follow Me' dress from her Muse collection, a one-shouldered red dress with a full skirt, draped bodice, and a floating panel/train at the back. It's very classic.


Here is a sketch of the design, which will be available in black or red, and a look at the label.


This is the black version.


Dita's hat was  by Philip Treacy.  I love it, the colour is wonderful, and it's so over-the-top but quite feminine too.


Dita tweeted a picture of herself wearing her 'VIP Coat' from the Muse collection, so that makes three pieces so far.  It looks like a classic trench, but the colour!  Wow, I would love to get my hands on that!


It also comes in black.  Love the nipped in waist, and the full skirt.  I think if I were to splash out on one piece from the collection, it would be this.  I bet it will be the most expensive though!


 This is the 'Showcase' dress from the Muse collection. A black velvet, sleeveless sheath dress, very fitted.


Here's a closer look.  Personally , I really like it, it's simple and elegant and very sexy. 


And last of all, this dress. I can't find any other information about it, but it looks like a fitted jersey dress with a high neck and long sleeves.  Plain but very versatile.  Hope it's in a wool jersey!  The 'Muse' collection will be available at David Jones in January 2012.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how much those dresses would cost. I had hoped they wouldn't have been THAT expensive tho! But if you compare it to other high fashion a guess those dresses come pretty "cheap" after all. I feel I REALLY need the "Follow Me" dress in read, and the coat in black! Maybe if I live on only water and bread for the next year?... ;)

    ReplyDelete