Friday, 15 April 2011

Turban


Everyone in my family likes to put silly things on their head.  My aunt Isobel, who always looks amazing, once wore a turban to work when she was a bilingual secretary for L'Oreal, and said to someone on the phone, "I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a turban."   As is was her birthday on Tuesday, I thought I'd put on a particularly OTT one in her honour!


Turban - three scarves, with a rose, wool pompom, and bird hair clip decoration.  The jewelled bit at the front is actually a bracelet.
Top - Portmans
Bolero - ex-Rose Chong Costumes
Necklace - made by me
Earrings - cheap jewellery shop in London
Bracelets - Camberwell Market
Lipstick - M.A.C. Red

I'm working up to a Carmen Miranda style one.  Feathers, net pompoms and glass balls on stalks?  I'm there!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I love your 'urban turban'. it is so rad! jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you really pull off the look very well! Really suits you :-)

    ReplyDelete