Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Mojo Juju


On Saturday night we went to Red Bennies to see Mojo Juju and the Snake Oil Merchants play their last Melbourne show. I've seen them before and they are really amazing, like something from a 1930s speakeasy.


Here we are just before going out. I'm not sure why we all look so worried! I made myself a fake fringe for the night, and I'm wearing a Prue Acton dress that Alice gave me. Alice is wearing an orange brocade 60s dress, and one of the Lorax hats I made for her.


The band in action! Everybody in the crowd was dressed up, there were top hats and great 1920s hair, such fun! There was even burlesque fan dancing courtesy of the Jitterbeetles, and the lovely Frankie Valentine performed her amusing strip-teases too.

While I'm at it, I'd just like to say thank you to all the lovely people who have followed my blog, and who leave comments, I really appreciate it! I was so exited to reach 50 followers. I hope I can continue to post interesting stuff for you all to read!

2 comments:

  1. Yes I saw the the last show too, they were great! Lovely outfits by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love my Lorax hat thank you so much! gosh that was a great evening and William was so happy after he drank a wee whisky. are any of the other photos good? xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete