Thursday, 31 March 2011

Edgeley


Last Friday my cousin Alice (from WAMP Nation) opened her very own shop at 220 Gertrude St, Fitzroy!  It's called Edgeley, and it's like a lovely French salon inside, with peach walls and curly gold lights.


Finally I can show you the hats I have been working on for her collection!  They are called Lorax, after the Dr Seuss character, and have a ruffle of net around the bottom, and a pompom of maribou on a long stalk, very silly. 


For the opening, I made Alice an even bigger version, with a houndstooth stalk and an ostrich feather puff on the top.  I like the way it looks like it is growing out of her head!  The evening was a great success, and if you're in the neighbourhood, do drop in and see Alice's lovely collection. 

2 comments:

  1. HOw exciting! Gertrude Street has zoomed ahead over the past few years, who would have thought? I remember when i worked down there 10 years ago i literally had to step over the drunks (poor darlings) to get to the post office. Of course, they are all still there and still being cared for too I believe, so that's good. I love your hats, Piroska, they are totally inspired! Good luck with it all. jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats S those hats really are fabulous - so quirky and memorable - I love it! You have come a long way - it doesn't seem that long ago that you were starting your millinery course. Best of luck with your new venture. Wish I could be that creative! Maria x
    PS just finished Orwell's 'Down and Out in London and Paris'. Feeling much better about my austerity drive now!

    ReplyDelete