Sunday, 24 October 2010

Masqerade Ball

Last night Alice and I went off to the Bohemian Masquerade Ball at the Thornbury Theatre. I'm wearing a 1950s ballgown from Rose Chong Costumes, leather gloves from Etsy, an old seqinned scarf I've had for ages, and mask I made myself.


Don't William and Alice make a lovely couple? William (who is Metal Couture) made both those masks, which are silver and very heavy. The feathers on his were so enormous, he kept poking people in the face who were standing metres away, but everybody loved it so much, and he had to pose for dozens of photos.


Me and Thea, a lovely lady who works for William and is a very talented jeweller herself. I wish I had got a photo of her whole outfit, as she had made herself a feather cape. My mask was just one of those cheap ones, stripped of all it's decoration, and then edged in grey ribbon, with a few rhinestones, and some new feathers.


Everybody put so much effort into their costumes, it was quite amazing. My favourites were Anthony and Jess, who looked just divine! You can't go wrong with chainmail, silver hotpants, or tiny chandeliers attached to your head.


A closer look at Jess' fantastic makeup and face decoration. I have a huge girl-crush on her, this girl knows how to dress up! Plus, that is all her own hair!


There was a whole lot of great entertainment throughout the night, including The Barons of Tang, Mojo Juju, Kira Puru, and Percy Valentine's Swing Orchestra who played from up on the top balcony. We were also entertained by some acts, including a gorgeous burlesque performer, Frankie Valentine. She started one of her acts dressed like this...



And ended it up like this! Her performance was very polished, sexy and best of all, quite funny. All in all, a great night out!

3 comments:

  1. You all look gorgeous! Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're crazy-awesome costumes! I love the attention to detail everyone has put into their outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Are all the women as beautiful as you girls! It looks like youre city is alot of fun! Im from a small town in new mexico kinda boring but nice to live in!

    ReplyDelete