Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Gravitas of Fruit

My sister, Zsuzsa Kollo, has another exhibition at the Colville Street Art Gallery in Hobart.



There are a series of four paintings of girls with animals sitting on their heads, which I rather like. You can see the rest of them here.



I think this girl's face is so beautiful. This is the title piece of the exhibition, The Gravitas of Fruit. I wish I could have made it down to Tasmania to see the exhibition, but it's the worst time of year to get off work.

5 comments:

  1. Wow they're really awesome! I will have to tell my parents about the exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, they are fabulous! Obviously creative talent runs in your family. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been at the opening :-) Esz, you know Zsuzsa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aha, that just proves the theory (widely subscribed to on the Mainland) that everybody in Tasmania knows everybody else!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you're right Piroska - especially in the Hungarian community which is once again smaller!

    ReplyDelete