Thursday, 17 December 2009

On the Move


I've just finished moving house, and I'm so glad that it's over! My new place is a rather grotty one bedroom flat, but the location is quite good, closer to work and shops and public transport. I'm going to be living alone for the first time in my life, which I'm both nervous and excited about.

I think the previous tenant must have been a smoker, as the walls and ceilings are coated with a layer of orangey-brown which I presume is nicotine. Yuck! The carpet is also quite disgusting, and although the agent swears that it was steam cleaned, I cleaned a small patch last night and was able to get most of the dirt out, so I think she might have been telling me porkies. Ah well, the water pressure in the shower is much better than in my old place, so I'll have to be thankful for small mercies. I'm sure with a good scrubbing and perhaps a coat of paint and some new curtains, it will be vastly improved. I used Man with a Van to move my furniture, and if you live in Melbourne I cannot recommend them highly enough. They were friendly and super fast and efficient, and didn't cost that much either.

1 comment:

  1. o yes a coat of paint it . and ask the landlord to take the paint cost off your rent because you would be ding them a huge favour. its totally kosher.
    so happy for you lil brave xxxx

    ReplyDelete