Thursday, 8 October 2009

Happy Birthday to me!


Only a few days to go until my birthday, on the 10th of October. One would think that at the ripe old age of 27, birthdays would have lost some of their lustre, but I am quite fizzing with excitement! This may be partly to do with the fact that I will be wearing this new dress for the first time.

Isn't it lovely! I bought it online from Vintage Clothing, and it arrived the other day all beautifully wrapped in white tissue paper. It is even prettier in real life than in the photos. The ruched section over the bust is made in a finer but exactly the same pattern cotton, so it gathers better, and there is piping around the bust and waist. I love that vintage attention to detail. It also has two concealed pockets, which makes me so happy!

I'm going to wear it with my aqua cabled cardigan (the pale blue in the photo is actually closer to aqua in real life) and some 60s-style navy leather stilettos with metal heel tips (watch out wooden floors!) that I bought yesterday at Top Hat Vintage in Thornbury.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, very Happy Birthday for the 10th! Your dress is gorgeous- I love gathered bust shelves :) Hope you enjoy wearing it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you musta looked gorgeous! Photos please! xxxxxx
    Happy birthday loverly

    ReplyDelete