Friday, 11 September 2009

Dark Tales Exhibition


My sister, Zsuzsa Kollo, had another exhibition in Hobart a couple of months ago, but I forgot to put it up here. Apparently it went really well, and she sold quite a lot of the paintings and got some commissions for others. I love this painting, called "Weasel", it makes me think of a cool, dark forest floor, and the smell of damp leaves.



This one is also one of my favourites. I like how she has taken such mundane and uniform objects and given them a sense of mystery and almost an ominous feeling, with the deep shadows and just a little bit of light and how they are stylised but have a illusion of depth and three-dimensionality at the same time. If I could paint like that I would be very happy! You can see the other paintings from the exhibition here.

No comments:

Post a Comment