Thursday, 16 July 2009

Summer Wardrobe Inspiration


Oh dear, I haven't been able to post for ages because my computer has died! What a bore. So I can't upload any photos, and I've been making heaps of things. It's so frustrating. So I'll have to content myself with this: some inspiration for my summer wardrobe, which I'm already planning as I want to sew the majority of it, and that takes time.

Above is the ever-lovely Dita Von Teese, who is always immaculately dressed. I love the combination of the black and white with the red trim, and thought it might be rather nice if I made up the dress in the pattern below, either in a white and black spot, or black and white gingham, with red piping and buttons. I admit the yellow is rather jolly, but not so practical. I'm tempted to make the matching bolero too, there's something so fifties about matching dresses and jackets. Not sure about the flower on the pocket, although I like the idea of the pocket itself. None of my clothes have pockets, and they are so useful.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I just adore that outfit Dita wore. Great patterns. I've recently had a similar style dress made for summer. A matching bolero would be just divine. I love a good bolero and you're right about pockets - they are so useful. I have a few skirts with pockets and I love them :)

    ReplyDelete