Sunday, 5 April 2009

Coat-Dress


I wish I had some crafty pictures to show, but I've been knitting baby socks all weekend, and haven't finished anything else. There are lots of projects teetering on the brink of completion, but nothing quite yet. I couldn't resist showing off my newest purchase though, which is this amazing coat-dress which I bought on Saturday from Subterranean in Northcote. (Apologies for the hopeless photo, it was not very nice weather outside). The cut of it makes me suspect it is late 1940s or early 50s, as the shoulders are quite pronounced. It is very grubby and will need to go to the drycleaners and have a few small repairs made to it, but it is beautifully made, with silky binding inside the armhole seams. The label says "Luise of France", and it is a medium weight faille, probably rayon. It fits like a dream, and I think the soft pink is quite flattering, and will go nicely with grey or black.

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing photos of my Mother in dresses like that. I love them! Wish hats and dresses would come back. Then we'd all look like "Ladies" again.
    I admire your talents, all of them. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look devine my dear a perfect peachy dream. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete