Friday, 23 January 2009

Illustration Friday - 'Pale'

I've finally been able to participate in Illustration Friday again (although I'm almost too late!). This week's topic was 'Pale' and I instantly thought of Snow White, who is one of my favourite fairytale characters, along with Little Red Riding Hood of course. I coloured this rather hastily on Gimp, so it is a little rough, but I think with some time spent on shading the dress and tidying up the red bits, it could be quite a nice picture. Click on it for a bigger view.

Also, here is my Christmas present from the Wolf, another beautiful ring from Metal Couture. I've always been enamoured by Catholic imagery, so I love those flaming Jesus and Mary hearts. I am running out of fingers now, so this had to be for my little finger.


5 comments:

  1. Hello It´s with enormous pleasure that I invite you to visit my new and fresh blog at:

    www.ruisousaartworks.blogspot.com

    Regards and be happy!
    Thank you!


    ps: leave a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely drawing. I don't know what gimp is (not just because I live in 1955 either,) what is it? I think it is really beautiful. What is illustration fridays? Can anyone do it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliment!
    Gimp is a really useful graphics editor, which is similar to Photoshop, but free. Illustration Fridays is a site where they choose a word every Friday, and you can link to an illustration of your interpretation of the word. Anyone can have a go, and it's great fun.
    http://www.illustrationfriday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I am dying for my heart ring. dying! Hey this is my blog now wamp-nation.blogspot.com . iys with marawa and paulie too. yeay! xxxx

    ReplyDelete