Sunday, 9 November 2008

Black Hearts


These rings were meant to be our six year anniversary presents to each other (mine's the small one, the Wolf has the big one with the diamond in the end), but it took us this long to get the cash together, so they are six months late! They are by the lovely and talented William Llewellyn Griffiths, and they both have black CZ stones. Very romantic.


In other news, Underbelly, the belly dancing school I attend, is having their annual end-of-year performance on Thursday 11 December. Thus I am slaving over a hot sewing machine making my costume for the Belly Burlesque class. It's going to be very demure 50s style 'Arabian' number with much swirling of chiffon circle skirts and fluttering of feather fans.

I have to make two circle skirts, one white and one black, and a white and silver cabaret bra and belt set, which is mildly terrifying me at the moment. Have you ever looked at those things before? They are encrusted with seqins and beads, take hours and hours to make, and weigh about a ton. I started cutting out the belt today, and I have some amazing silver beaded fringing from Egypt which I ordered a couple of weeks ago, which will have to be hand stitched to the hem of the belt. It's actually fun, and a real challenge, but I need to step on it if I want to get it finished by the end of the month. I'll post some pictures of my work in progress when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment