Thursday, 9 October 2008

Let Them Eat Cake



I'm fairly sure that Marie Antoinette never said that, but it was too tempting add a little cupcake to this picture! I used a dip pen with black Quink ink to go over a pencil sketch, and then coloured it with a combination of watercolour and coloured pencil. I haven't done a coloured-in ink drawing for years, so it was a bit challenging, but turned out rather nicely I think. It may become a card in my Etsy shop.



Below is my new ring, a present from my uncle Peter who used to make jewellery in the 60s. My three cousins all have one too, and I've wanted one for years. It was too big for one finger and too small for the other, but the Wolf resized it (it took three goes to get it small enough, he kept saying 'your finger can't be that skinny!') and now it's perfect. There's something sort of Art Nouveau-ish about it I think.



It was my birthday a couple of days ago, I can't believe I'm 27. Good god, where did all the time go? The Wolf gave me an iPod Nano, one of the new purple ones, and I'm delighted. My old one weighs a ton and has a battery life of about 3 hours, so I hardly ever use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment