Sunday, 26 October 2008

Feathery Goodness


Still in progress, but this is going to be part of my Halloween costume. I love dressing up (I once worked in a fancy dress shop) and this year I've been invited to a Halloween party. A Halloween Costume Party. God, I am so excited!

I've decided on a Voodoo sort of a vibe, and after seeing a wonderful feather headdress on Etsy, I decided to have a go at making my own. The base is a wide black Alice band with chunks of polystyrene painted black and hot glue gunned to it. Then I cannibalised a masquerade mask for the feathers and added a few peacock feathers (they might need to be trimmed down a bit). There will be something covering the polystyrene, probably black card with some sort of decoration, and the roses may stay or not, I'm not sure yet.

The whole thing is very in-authentic and not really anything to do with real Voodoo at all, but I think every good costume has something enormous on your head. I may go with skull makeup, or just some OTT eyemakeup, but whichever I choose, I'm sure looking forward to answering the door to trick-or-treaters in this outfit!

1 comment:

  1. The month of October ends on really great ever year with the Halloween.

    ReplyDelete