Saturday, 14 June 2008

For the Love of Ivy


My Blythe arrived a couple of days ago, and I've been in agonies ever since trying to choose a name for her. I can't even imagine what people go through trying to name babies! I wanted something a bit old fashioned, and eventually the Wolf came up with Ivy, which is perfect. Here she is in our luxuriously overgrown garden in her wet weather gear.

I must confess that I have a bit of an obsession with small things. I once saw a tiny cheesegrater at the supermarket, just like those big four sided ones with the plastic handle at the top, but REALLY SMALL! I got so excited, and the Wolf was standing there, totally bemused, saying "but it's just small". I still love cocktail umbrellas and those little bottles of alcohol you get in hotel refrigerators (just like the real ones but tiny), and things like that. I think it stems from having a dolls house when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment