Sunday, 18 May 2008

Coin Necklace


The Sashiko cushion cover is finished! It was actually very quick and easy to make, thanks to the pre-printed fabric. I backed it in red cotton and put some press-studs on to fasten it.

This is a necklace I made over the weekend. It was inspired by an Eastern European peasant necklace (possible Romanian?) that I saw in a book about beadwork around the world. The original had real silver coins and many strands of red coral beads, while mine are just glass. The coins are Arabic and the medallions have the Virgin Mary on them. I haven't done much bead jewellery before, but I kind of enjoyed it, apart from when a whole string of beads broke all over the floor!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely work! I love sashiko -- it's one of those crafts I've been 'meaning to try' for some time now. I'm determined to use up my small stash of yarn and fabric first though!

    ReplyDelete