Monday, 25 February 2008

Spotty Apron

Here is the little apron I made the other day. I've never made one before, but I was inspired by the site Tie One On, which is all about aprons, and every other month has an apron show-and-tell with a theme. I took the pattern for this one from a pink gingham apron I found in an op-shop. It has a cute 1950s feel to it I think.


Here is a detail of the pocket. I cut the cat out of felt and sewed it on with tiny little stitches. I think I will put some red ricrac around the hem just to finish it off. A word of warning, though, I just did some baking and nothing shows up flour more than a black apron! I think red or black gingham would be a more sensible choice. Oh well, I'll just have to keep this one as my entertaining apron.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I think rick-rack would be a great touch. I'm very glad to have stumbled on your blog and would like to link to it (once I can get dh around to helping me add links)-- would that be okay with you?

    ReplyDelete