Monday, 21 January 2008

Everyone Loves a Parcel

My Cascade Fixations arrived today, I'm so excited! I just bought a copy of Debbie Stoller's new book Son of Stitch 'n' Bitch, which by the way has some great patterns, lots of plainish but subtley interesting jumpers that men seem to like. The Wolf loved the Look Sharp Socks, and as this is the first thing he's ever asked me to knit for him, how can I refuse? They are knit using the entrelac method, which I have never attempted before but am intrigued by. They also have 29,443 stitches to a pair, which is pretty intimidating.

Mostly though, I am excited because I am going to be using the exact yarn specified in the pattern, which I have never been able to do before. It's always been too expensive or difficult to get hold of, but this time I was determined to track it down, so I asked on Ravelry, and a some very helpful people directed me to Yarns Online, and in a day my order had arrived! That's service for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment